Hi,

I keep getting the captioned message when I try to VIEW the following LyX
document, which is simply to draw a curve using the PGFplots package. I am
writing other LyX documents but without any TeX code and they VIEW without any
issue.

My steps:
1. Latex preamble: \usepackage{pgfplots}

2. Then in the LyX document the following TeX block:
\begin{tikzpicture}
\begin{axis}
\addplot [blue, line width = 1, smooth] {3*x^2 + 5*x - 2};
\end{axis}
\end{tikzpicture}

(nothing else in the document).

3. I press VIEW and after 2 or 3 minutes of "thinking" I get the captioned
error
message.

4. LyX asks me if I want to continue or stop. I click stop and then LyX tells
the the "File does not exist" then stops (without crashing).

I looked at a previous post on this issue and they said it was Python-related
issue, but I have no idea what that means.

Could someone help me please?

Thanks
Ian.

PS. I am using LyX 2.1.2 (2014-09-23); Built on Sep 24 2014, 23:53:24; CMake
Build

I am using Windows 7 and LyX was newly installed only one month ago. I am still
a newbie.