Jacob Bishop <bisho...@byui.edu> írta:
>On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 10:55 AM, Csikos Bela bcsikos...@freemail.hu>
>wrote:Hello:
>
>I would like to make a landscape longtable in Lyx.
>I&#39;d like to make a formal table with header, but I want only one separator
>line between the header and the following row. I attached an example table
>(MWE) in  lyx and the pdf output.
>
>This table has the following problems:
>
>1. On some pages the bottom line of the last row isn&#39;t shown, eg. below
>rows I and P.
>2. Row A is repeated on every page.
>3. Row A has double bottom lines on pages 2 and 3. In table settings all rows
>are set the same: bottom line is on, top line is off; except for the very
>first row which has both top and bottom lines on.
>
>How can I fix these?
>The separators go where you tell them to...maybe it will make more sense if I
>try to explain this in the context of your example, and how to fix the
>problems you outlined. I will answer them out of order, though so I hope you
>don&#39;t mind.

Thank you for the thorough answer.

>2) LyX sets the rows as headers that you tell it to. This is done by going
>into a row, and right-clicking. You can see the row&#39;s settings under
>&quot;Row Settings&quot; in the longtable tab. In your case, you had both the
>first and second rows set as header rows. When I downloaded your
>example, and deselected the header row checkbox for the second row, it
>only uses the first row as a header. Problem 2 solved.

OK, I see.

>3) Once we understand the above, that should help here. The reason you have
>two >separator lines is because
> on the header row, you have the row set to have a border below the row.
> So, everywhere the header row appears, it sets a border below. That&#39;s why
> you >see a border below for that, and also the border for the row it was
> displaying anyway. >So, remove the
>border below on the the header row, and only use a border above on your
>other rows, and that will fix things.

I think this is not correct, it doesn't explain why I have the double lines. I
also investigated this in the meantime. Note, that all my rows, except the
header, have only bottom rule.
That is, the row following the header has only bottom rule as well, it's top
rule practically is the bottom rule that belongs to the header. What I think
that the bottom rule of the last row in the previous page is pushed to the next
page under the header. I also found that this occurs only when I use formal
table: it seems booktabs and longtable packages do not work well together. This
explains why I have only doubles on pages following missing bottom rules in the

>1) This one is the most complicated, and it has to do with something about how
>the >rows behave. For some reason which makes no sense to me, the page
>breaking >behaves such that a row may print the contents on one page, but the
>border below on >another (or print the border above on the previous page, but
>the contents on the >next).

Yes, this is what I wrote above.

>Fortunately, this (strange) behavior can be controlled by manually telling the
>table where >to break pages. This is done by right-clicking in a row, and
>within the table settings, >selecting the checkbox by &quot;Page break on
>current row.&quot; That makes the >behavior predictable, which is nice.

Yes, manual page break can prevent pushing the last bottom rule to the next
page if I specify the previous row for page breaking.

Thanks again!

bcsikos