On Thursday 08 March 2001 21:44, Allan Rae wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Michael Zapf wrote:
> > I don't know if anybody ever encountered the same problem - but probably
> > I'm just too clumsy when typing...

> > I think that either the emphasize key should be relocated or that the
> > close/revert actions should be multi-key sequences. Or that there are no
> > shortcuts in the dialog window.
>
> You should switch to emacs keybindings that way you can use:
>       C-x C-c to quit lyx
>       C-x k to kill the buffer
>       M-f d to revert the buffer
>
> Then you'll only be concerned that
>       C-w is cut
>       C-r is reverse search (in normal emacs but not bound in our case)

<humor>
        Or, change keyboard layout to Dvorak. ;)  This way, W and R are on the
opposite side of the keyboard from E. Adjusting to that will only take a
couple of weeks longer than switching to Emacs bindings from CUA. It also
hasn't made me any less clumsy, but now my mistakes are less painful since my
fingers don't have to move as much. :)
</humor>

        I do like your suggestion about changing bindings, though. What I'd probably
do in that case is just disable keyboard shortcuts for "Close file" and
"Revert", figuring if I needed them I could use the menus.

--
// Carl Hudkins :: ICQ 5723399
//