On 03/20/2015 02:16 PM, Jacob Shapiro wrote:
Hello everyone.

I recently asked a question on stack exchange:
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/230344/how-to-put-theorem-numbers-in-boxes

and I was wondering how to implement the answer in LyX?

I realize I might need to write my own "module" but I have no idea
how to do so and I was wondering if somebody had some experience with that and
could help me implement the answer in LyX.

Have a look at Chapter 5 of the Customization module. Also have a look at the theorems-ams.inc file, which includes the standard AMS theorem definitions. Basically, you want to do something very much like what's in the file for the Theorem definition, except you'll defined BoxedTheorem and add the preamble code to the Preamble section.

Richard