On Sun, 22 Mar 2015 10:18:22 -0400
Richard Heck <rgh...@lyx.org> wrote:

> On 03/22/2015 02:51 AM, Hifza Siddiq wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > I have been writing my thesis for a while with lyx and i must be
> > done by tomorrow and lyx is not functioning properly. i ran the
> > packaging manager and wanted to install a new package when all of a
> > sudden miktex error appeared and since then all document classes
> > are lost and so are the packages installed earlier (jurabib etc.).
> > I reallly need help now. I have re-installed lyx many times now
> > (newest version 2.1.3 answell as the older versions) but nothing
> > works out.
>
> It sounds as if MikTeX is your problem. Have you re-installed it?
>
> Richard

Hifza, this is both a suggestion to you and a question to others as to
whether it's feasible.

If Richard's idea didn't work, then today is the "tomorrow" you
mentioned, and your priority is to get the thing printed, not to solve
a technical problem.

Do you have a friend with LyX set up on another computer? Perhaps you
can get it printed on his/hers, perhaps after installing some packages.

Everyone: How time consuming would it be for him to throw on Ubuntu
14.04 and get LyX running there? Or, if he's already running Ubuntu
14.04, perhaps Debian Wheezy?

Hifza, I'm so sorry about this. It really sucks, and I hope a solution
can be found in time.

SteveT