Wow, that was quick: THREE responses within five minutes. Can't complain
about that!

I installed the .ppa as instructed on the lyx website, updated Synaptic and
indeed a newer version appeared. Installed the newer version, all ok.

But now when I open my colleagues Lyx file I get three errors instead of
one:

===========
Due to some error in it, the layout file: could not be loaded. A default
textclass with default layouts will be used. LyX will not be able to
produce correct output.

The layout file: scrartcl could not be found. A default textclass with
default layouts will be used. LyX will not be able to produce correct
output.

The module basic has been requested by this document but has not been found
in the list of available modules. If you recently installed it, you
probably need to reconfigure LyX.
===========

Also in Document / Settings I see: Unknown text class scrartcl. Actually
almost all of my document classes are greyed out now.

On my file system I find these two files:

/usr/share/lyx/layouts/scrartcl.layout
/usr/share/doc/texlive-doc/latex/koma-script/scrartcl.html

And there are more files like these in:
/usr/share/lyx/layouts
/usr/share/lyx2.0/layouts/

But I guess I have to move some stuff from A to B, or instruct Lyx where to
look. Anybody knows the quick solution? Actually I feel sorry about this
OpenOffice-stuff,  I don't want to leave Lyx.

Ygo.