On 05/14/2015 04:12 PM, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:

Classicthesis internally loads typearea (from the KOMA bundle), so you need to use the commands of that package to change the layout:

\areaset{width}{height}

As opposed to geometry (which is used by LyX), you cannot alter the margins directly. Please refer to the KOMA manual for details and rationalization.

Jürgen

Hi Jürgen,

thank you for your input. With time constraints in the neck and almost no LaTeX knowledge I switched to Document Class KOMA-Script Article.
I can now set the page margins as needed. :-)
This seems to be contradicting with your above explanation - but then I feel I may not have completely grasped what you said. Anyway, it appears to me Miede's example document classicthesis has no advantage compared to KOMA-Script Article (at least for the less experienced user) and no special brilliance. Quite contrary, his classicthesis-Lyx-v4.1 produces the most excellent dissertations I have come across so far.

Thanks for your continuing help,
Michael