Am 02.06.2015 um 15:40 schrieb Scott Kostyshak:
On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 9:35 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann
<engelm...@uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:

Am 02.06.2015 um 15:24 schrieb Scott Kostyshak:
On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 9:21 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann
<engelm...@uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
I am getting this error while trying to export a document as pdf:
Package Babel error: unknown option ngerman

what is missing?
If I google for <<Kubuntu "unknown option ngerman">>
the first result [1] suggests
sudo apt-get install texlive-lang-german

Does that help?

Scott

[1] http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/157172/ngerman-sty-not-found
no:
de.archive.ubuntu.com
seems to give the problem.
Will try with synaptic
I'm not sure what you mean since you didn't post the output, but
perhaps you could do
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

If those don't give errors, then please post the output from the
command I mentioned from the first result of google.

Scott
two errors on my side:
-- the connection cable was not properly inserted;  therefore the

de.archive.ubuntu.com
could not be reached.

-- after getting the package I forgot to reconfigure.
Now its working.
Sorry for the noise
Wolfgang