Am 23.07.2015 um 09:44 schrieb Jürgen Spitzmüller:
Am Donnerstag 23 Juli 2015, 09:31:52 schrieb Wolfgang Engelmann:
Damn it, I got the wrong file. Sorry. Here the correct one
Solution: add "noprefix" to Document > Settings > Class > Class Options (see
attachement).

Explanation: By default, nomencl prepends all entries with the prefix "a",
except if you define an individual prefix for an entry via the optional argument
""Sort as" in LyX). So, in your document, you get the sort key aA, , aD, aE,
aD, aZ, Drosophila, Helianthus annuus.
The "noprefix" option switches this automatism off. No prefixes are prepended
automatically. The nomencl manual explains why this is so.

(I suppose the LyX User Guide should clarify this).

Jürgen
Thanks, Jürgen, for explaining it. Glad it works now. Will go through the User Guide and hope to understand the magic behind it.
Wolfgang