On 08/18/2015 12:39 PM, alex wrote:
Hello everyone.

I have been using LyX as my LaTeX editor of choice for quite some time now, and I have found it to be quite helpful. I have also managed to set up spell checking for both the languages that I am interested in, English and Greek. However, the way that I currently toggle between those languages is quite inconvenient. That is, I use Alt + Shift to toggle between languages (as I usually do), which achieves the transition from one language to another. However, that's not enough to get LyX to toggle to the latter language. LyX keeps spell-checking using the former language. I have to use a second keyboard shortcut to get LyX to switch languages, as far as spell-checking goes. For example, I have to use 2 keyboard shortcuts in order to go from writing English characters with English spell-checking to writing Greek characters with Greek spell-checking, and vice versa. Obviously, those are one too many shortcuts.

So, my question is: can LyX be configured so that toggling between languages is made by one keyboard shortcut, or maybe so that LyX senses the keyboard layout (GR or US) in use and spell-checks appropriately?

A single shortcut can do more than one thing, if you use the command-sequence LFUN. E.g., Ctrl-Alt-A is bound to:
    command-sequence buffer-begin ; buffer-end-select
which has the effect of selecting the whole buffer.

See the documentation for command-sequence under Help> LyX Functions.

Richard