You can almost surely solve your El Capitan problems if you disable the new
System Integrity Protection feature (a.k.a. rootless mode), which among other
things prevents the creation of symlinks in /usr. Note that there are some good
security reasons for SIP — in particular it makes it much harder for malware to
be installed on your system (though that can still be avoided simply by taking
the usual precautions about clicking on unknown links, installing software from
unknown or unproven sources, etc). So I'm not recommending that anyone do this
but just putting the information and the option out there so folks can make an
informed choice: http://goo.gl/W5AZpe <http://goo.gl/W5AZpe>. (I failed to note
that I had disabled SIP when I reported the other day that I'd had no problems
running LyX under El Capitan ever since the first public beta.)

-chris