Actually it happens to me multiple times a day. Restarting LyX fixes the
problem, but I wouldn't say it is not a serious issue.
-JoonDate: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 15:54:49 -0600
From: samuel.gamte...@uregina.ca
To: joon...@outlook.com
Subject: RE: Paste becomes disabled after a while in Windows

This happens to me (with all versions of lyx that I have been using so far)
when I leave the file in lyx open for too long (for days, for example). I
resolve it by simply shutting it off and then restarting. It is not a serious
problem.

>>> Joon Ro <joon...@outlook.com> 11/6/2015 3:04 PM >>>

Op 6-11-2015 om 21:54 schreef Joon Ro:

I'm using LyX 2.1.4 in Windows 10 64bit, but I have had this issue for a while.
If LyX has been open for a while, suddenly paste stops working - it becomes
disabled. On the menu, the paste and paste special are greyed out, and only
paste recent is available.

I think this is related to
http://www.latex-community.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=19635.

We know this happens, but we have no clue what causes it. If you have any idea,
please share it.

Vincent

Do you know if this happens in other platforms as well? Or is this Windows
specific?

-Joon