Op 27-11-15 om 09:06 schreef Michael Berger:

On 11/26/2015 06:57 PM, Herbert Voss wrote:
Am 26.11.2015 um 16:54 schrieb Michael Berger:

I did the 'leap' from openSUSE 13.2 to 42.1 /KDE.
Unfortunately, I can find no working Kbibtex for it.
That hurts a lot to all of us with scientific and linguistic papers at
work.
Is somebody out there who can help? Any clue or replacement?

http://software.opensuse.org/package/kbibtex

Herbert

Dear Alessandro, dear Herbert,
thanks for your comments.
Among other attempts I already tried so called "unstable packages" of
KBibTex and ended up in a disaster.
I could not even restart Leap and was forced to make a new clean install.
So, please understand that I am more than reluctant to repeat what I've
done until a user turns up who succeeded in finding and installing a
workable version of KBibTex.
If either of you has openSUSE Leap 42.1 installed and successfully uses
such a workable version of KBibTex, please tell me which version it is
and where to find it.
Fortunately, I have openSUSE 13.2 still running on a second machine and
could revert to it when it comes to my linguistic writings.

These are the details of my openSUSE Leap 42.1 setup:
KDE, BTRFS for root, XFS for /home

Trying jabref to me would only be a second choice.

Thanks and cheers,
Michael Berger

Hi Michael,

In Leap 42.1 the number of "community repositories" that could be added in Yast > Repositories (or however that is translated) is limited to discourage adding additional repositories that can mess the system. Before the KDE:Extra repository could easily be added that way. Now you have to do this manually.

In Yast > Repositories add a new repository. Choose whatever name you like for it and add the following url:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Extra/openSUSE_Leap_42.1/

Then kbibtex is available and updates of it will automatically be installed.

Hope this helps. And maybe I or someone else will push this package into the distribution itself one day.

Hope this helps you and maybe others.

Regards,

Cor