On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 07:03:29PM -0800, Pavel Sanda wrote:
> David wrote:
> > Am 17.12.2015 um 07:39 schrieb Scott Kostyshak:
> > >
> > > I think this is a reasonable feature request. Please open a ticket at
> > > http://www.lyx.org/trac
> > >

> > Done: http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9906
> >
> > Edits to make the request clearer are always welcome.
>
> This feature has been actually already part of LyX and we ditched it
> because of security concerns (i.e. injecting some malicious code
> into url which would get executed when clicking on the url).
> I have working patch, which I personally use, but you would need
> to compile lyx on your own...

I don't understand. Many applications have such a feature, even simple
applications. For example, in gnome-terminal you can right-click on any
string starting with 'http://' and there is a 'Open Link' option.
Are the security concerns different for LyX?

To make sure I understand correctly, when you say "clicking on the url"
you mean that a webbrowser would be openned when just clicking on the
text inside the URL inset? The feature I'm talking about is adding a
"Open Link" option to the inset context menu.

Scott