Hello!
It is exactly the same error on Mac (Yosemite) and (I wanted to "test" it on my home computer after failing at work...) Windows (8).
And again after updating yesterday the Lyx on both PC, so in both cases the newest version.
And, before this error happened, I pasted some sentences out of a word document into my lyx file (but this worked before...), may this be the "reason"?
But it also failed in a test file, with just some simple words
Interestingly, I can get the handbook and all of these files as a pdf preview, but none of mine.
Thank you!