On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 3:48 PM, Kornel Benko <kor...@lyx.org> wrote:

>> > Thanks, Kornel, for your reply. The point is how to have two ERT boxes
>> > in different and consecutive lines and the corresponding LaTeX file
>> > with no blank line inserted between the code of the two ERT boxes. (My
>> > code is much more complicate than the simple example provided here by
>> > me.)
>>
>> If the two ERT boxes break a LaTeX command in the middle (one ERT box
>> with the first part of the command and the second ERT box with the
>> second part), then you get an error. The point is: How to avoid such
>> an error, Kornel?
>
> The problem here is that the first '$' is in one paragraph, the other '$ is
> in the next paragraph.
> The effect in created tex is:
> $\int x
>
> $

Correct, Kornel. But is it possible to have both in the same
paragraph, without having to use a single ERT box (instead of two
separate ERT boxes)? The reason why I am asking this question is to
have the possibility of arranging my several ERT boxes more clearly in
the LyX document, without having all of them in the same line.

Paul