We have a lab of windows machines that did work fine with LyX and the
free Adobe pdf viewer.  Today, we notice there is an update so that
LyX View causes the PDF to build, then Adobe pops open, but it does
not show the document, it just shows a list of recently viewed PDF.

We are allowed to File -> export (pdflatex) from LyX and view the
file, so I'm sure the pdf system still works.

I'm not surprised this comes up, as the Adobe pdf viewer has become
more and more cumbersome, bothering us to use their cloud storage and
so forth.

I've looked and find same has happened to others over time, and
suggestion seems to be "install Sumatra pdf viewer".  In our lab, the
problem is that the system admins refuse to install things except
during the twice-per-year update period, so that's not a great option.

I was hoping there is some setting or registry hack that will make
this work again.

Ideas?

We have
LyX version 2.1.3
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (15.010.20056)

pj
--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science        Director