Hi all,
I had earlier asked the list for help on the subject.
Mageia5, KDE, Lyx 2.1.3
There are some links in Mageia that do point to non-existent files: see Mageia bugs #18085 and #18088. This is the case too for 'splitindex' which is needed to create multiple indexes.

Jürgen Spitzmüller told me how to solve the problem by way of creating a symbolic link.
Open a console as administrator and enter the following command:

ln -s /usr/share/texmf-dist/scripts/splitindex/splitindex.pl /bin/splitindex

This follows the syntax $ ln -s {/path/to/file-name} {link-name}
(You should now find: Root > /bin/splitindex)

Then make 'reconfigure' in Lyx and restart.

Cheers,
Michael Berger