On 30.04.2016 09:59, Michael Berger wrote:

On 04/30/2016 09:36 AM, racoon wrote:
Hi,

In word you can create bookmarks based on a passage in the text. Is
there such a feature in LyX?

So basically it would work like this:

1. You mark a passage (e.g. a word).
2. You make it a bookmark.
2. You go somewhere else and insert a cross reference top the
bookmark. This will lead to the content of the bookmark being inserted
and a hyperlink to that passage being created.

I think it is a nice idea to create hyperlinks (like in Wikipedia) to
certain terms that are explained elsewhere. Also if one changes one's
mind about the term one can just change it at the bookmark and it is
changed everywhere in the text.

(I guess it is similar to creating a definition in LaTeX

\def\foo{Whatever}

So one can use now \foo to insert "Whatever" in the text and can
change what is actually inserted in the definition. What is missing is
the hyperlink part to the bookmark. So it is not exactly the same.)

Best,
Daniel
Hi Daniel,
should your last sentence taken to be a question or a statement?
Michael

Hi Michael,
Thanks for your answer. (For some reason my answer ended up being directly send to you that was not intended.)

It should be a statement, I think. (I am wondering why you ask this. Probably I am overlooking something.)

Daniel