Liviu Andronic wrote:

> 2.2.0 packages are now available on the PPA, including for 16.04:
> https://launchpad.net/~lyx-devel/+archive/ubuntu/release
>
> Please report on the list if you encounter any issues with the packaging.

Thank you Liviu for the packages !

I have updated LyX on Ubuntu 14.04 with the apt-get -f install trick.

It is working but I have lost shortcuts Ctrl-x, Ctrl-c, etc...

My personal cua.bind was not upgraded by installing the new version. Mine
was a format 2 and it seems now it has jumped to format 4.

I had to go into my lyx directory :

cd ~./lyx/bind

and copy the new cua.bind

cp /usr/share/lyx/bind/cua.bind .

and restart LyX and now it works.

I guess it is something specific to me and I must have copied the cua.bind
some times ago in my personal LyX directory and modified it.

I did not see an error message when loading LyX explaining that the bind
file was in an obsolete format.

Cheers,
Charles