Am Montag, 30. Mai 2016 um 13:40:16, schrieb Daniel CLEMENT
<dcleme...@laposte.net>
> Le lundi 30 mai 2016 à 13:24 +0200, Kornel Benko a écrit :
> > Am Montag, 30. Mai 2016 um 13:10:40, schrieb Daniel CLEMENT
> > <dcleme...@laposte.net>
> > > Dear list members,
> > >
> > > I have this issue with a PC at work: graphics are not displayed in sh:
> > > 1: convert: not found
> > > /usr/share/lyx/scripts/convertDefault.py ERROR
> > > Execution of "convert" failed.the LyX window. I got this error:
> > >
> > > "Error converting to readable format"
> > >
> > > (I do my best to translate from French.)
> > >
> > > However, the graphic file is here, and previewing the whole file (e.g.
> > > in PDF) is fine.
> > >
> > > The system is Linux Debian Stable (w/ LyX 2.1.3), it's supposed to be
> > > the very same
> > > setup as on my home PC (except that it's 32-bit instead of 64). My own
> > > PC does not have this problem.
> > >
> > > If I launch LyX from the command line, I get this error message in the
> > > terminal:
> > >
> > > sh: 1: convert: not found
> > > /usr/share/lyx/scripts/convertDefault.py ERROR
> > > Execution of "convert" failed.
> > >
> > > I suppose some package is missing , but I don't know which one.
> > >
> > > TIA for any advice - regards,
> >
> > probably package 'imagemagick'.
> >
> >     Kornel
> Well that was my 1st thought also, but I checked, and it is there. (I
> did not try to reinstall it though.)
Here it is:
# which covert
        /usr/bin/convert
#ls -l /usr/bin/convert
        /usr/bin/convert -> /etc/alternatives/convert
#ls -l  /etc/alternatives/convert
        /etc/alternatives/convert -> /usr/bin/convert.im6
#dpkg -S /usr/bin/convert.im6
        imagemagick

But apparently our platforms differ.

        Kornel