I uninstalled Miktex and Lyx and reinstalled both from the beginning. Everything works fine now.

On 5/30/2016 6:58 AM, Thomas LaBone wrote:
Greetings,

I installed Lyx 2.2.0 on a Windows 10 machine and everything worked perfectly out of the box. On my 64-bit Windows 7 machine I got an error during the installation "platex.exe - entry point not found" which is displayed again when I try to reconfigure Lyx (which fails). Basic documents compile properly but anything with knitr fails with a "Lyx can not convert file" error. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Tom