On 04/06/2016 21:19, Paul A. Rubin wrote:
Kiuhnm <kiuhnm2015 <at> gmail.com> writes:

I'm using Lyx 2.1.4. I'd like to write a bunch of inequalities with an
\iff on the right side. The inequalities should be centered, like this:
<centered inequality1> <=>
<centered inequality2> <=>
<...>

Does the appended LyX file do what you want? I used the alignat environment,
and increased the number of columns to five. The left side of each
inequality goes in column 1, the inequality symbol in column 2, the right
side in column 4 and the iff symbol in column 5. Column 3 is intentionally
blank.

Paul

#LyX 2.2 created this file. For more info see http://www.lyx.org/
\lyxformat 508

^^^ I had to edit this line because I have Lyx 2.1. I got some errors but I was able to load the file.

Anyway, I don't get the result I want. I'd like something like this:

Basically, I need two cells the first of which centers its contents.
This is possible with eqnarray but then there are other issues (\frac{}{} doesn't work well, etc...).

Kiuhnm