On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 12:41:52PM -0300, Rudi Gaelzer wrote:
> I've just installed on my desktop the 2.2.0-1 version delivered by Fedora 23
> updates repo.
> The overall layout is much prettier and I'm eager to test the professed
> support for retina displays when I upgrade LyX on my laptop.
>
> However, I have refrained from installing the upgrade on the laptop because
> when I tested the 2.2.0 version with the desktop I've found out that some
> useful mathematical keyboard shortcuts were no longer working.
>
> For instance: "ALT+M F" did not entered the \frac command; instead it just
> will open the dialog window for math spaces.  "ALT+M (", "ALT+M [" and
> "ALT+M {", instead of creating the respective math delimiters would simply do
> nothing.  Also, exponent generation with the caret "^" works sporadically.
>
> There may be other shortcut problems that I have not detected yet.  Anyway,
> those I mentioned are annoying, because the shortcuts significantly speed-up
> the typing of mathematical expressions.
>
> Have you noticed something similar, or can this be a specific Fedora issue?

I'm not sure if this is related or not, especially since the user who
reported this is a Mac user but who knows:
http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/10119
What language is your keyboard?

What Qt version is LyX compiled against? (this question is regardless of
whether you compile it yourself or it was packaged for you) Let us know
if you want help determining this. It might be in Help > About.

Scott