Debian testing just included the upgrade to lyx 2.2.0. I want to point out one thing: If you don't see menu icons, you need to add the svg versions of the qt library (it may still be linked with qt-4.??, but looking for the svg libraries with apt-cache search found what I needed).

I have yet to check it all out, but I am absolutely floored by the scrolling ability in math eqnarray finally. As one who never can keep the line length in check during the writing process, it is a blessing to be able to see the whole line. Formerly I have had to either set the font really, really small or (more recently) stretch the window over two monitors. This is a great advance; thanks to all who developed it.

I have yet to see what has changed with the beamer layout. I hope it is not too much of a PITA to change old files to the new layout, since I have classes on Tuesday that I need it for. I will find that out tomorrow....

--

David L. Johnson
Department of Mathematics