Mageia5's software manager offers to install LyX 2.1 and if done will automatically install Texlive 2013 along with it.

I decided to install the most recent versions available and found LyX 2.2 and Texlive 2016 that could be installed over the internet.

Thinking of possible conflicts I removed Lyx 2.1 and Texlive2013 and then installed first Texlive2016 (as user) and then LyX 2.2 (as administrator). Meanwhile things are running as I want them to.

Question:
Would there have been a conflict without prior removal of the old versions?
Or putting it the other way around: Would there be a conflict if installing these older versions again using Mageia's software manager and then have both versions installed?

PS: I think there is an option to mark packages as "never install" or something.

Thanks and cheers,
Michael