On 07/31/2016 02:36 AM, Steve Litt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I think I asked the question wrong before. Here's all I want to know:
> You have an entire subsection, about carrier pigeons, and you want it
> to show up in the index with its headline (subsection headline) as the
> beginning page and its final paragraph as the ending page. You create
> it with Insert=>Index_entry. The text inside the inset of the beginning
> entry for this subsection looks like the following:
>
> Carrier pigeons|(
>
> Where am I supposed to put that inset:
>
> A) At the very beginning of the subsection heading?
> B) Ad the very end of the subsection heading?
> C) Somewhere else?
>
> If the answer is C, could you please elaborate?

I don't know for sure, but I think I'd put it at the beginning of the
first paragraph
of text in the section. It can be a bad idea to put this kind of thing
inside moving
arguments, such as section headings. The point is that the content of
the \section
macro ends up getting copied to the TOC, to page headings, etc, and that
can
cause problems.

Richard