> Empty TeX code works, too. Either is a hack to make LyX think the first
> line is not empty, since otherwise it will delete it.
>
> If you do this a lot, you can do something like:
>
> Format 60
>
> Style Theorem*
> KeepEmpty 1
> End
>
> in Local Layout. This tells LyX to allow empty lines in unnumbered
> theorems. Then you do not have to do anything special.

I was asking because I thought I could be missing something but I see that
out of the box I can obtain these only with workarounds or new environment,
as you suggest.
Knowing that, it is fine for me to just insert something to fool lyx when I
need it, every now and then.

> Moreover, how can I produce the following?
>
> -----
> Theorem.
>    1. First statement.
>    2. Second statement.
> -----
>
> For this I couldn't find a workaround.
>

> Put a "protected space" on the first line. (Insert> Formatting> Protected
> Space) This makes there by something on that line, but it's invisible.
>
> Richard

Many thanks to both of you (you and Paul)