By several days the Paul Johnson problem is also my problem and I do not find
a solution.
I reinstalled MiKTeX many times, but MiKTeX Package, and MiKTeX Update do
not work (they do not find any package repository).

[image: Immagine incorporata 1]
The two alternatives that have remained are:
1) uninstall MiKTeX, uninstall and reinstall LyX2.2.2 bundle version (LyX-
222-Bundle-2.exe) hoping for a successful installation of MiKTeX too;
2) setting LyX to TeXLive and forget MiKTeX.

Tips for other less drastic solutions already tested?

(My system: LyX2.2.2 with MiKTeX2.9 on Windows 10)

Roberto