On 2016-11-01, Michael Berger wrote:
> Dear all,

> Mageia5, Lyx 2.2.2, Texlive2016, using classicthesis-LyX-v4.2_biblatex_biber

> In body text I try using using Insert > Special Character > Symbols >
> any category (e.g. Mathematical Operator)

> This worked in Lyx 2.1 but in Lyx 2.2.2 either an error is thrown out or
> nothing happens when compiling to PDF.

> Classicthesis uses Language Encoding Unicode (utf8).

> Is this a known issue?

> Are there alternatives to get the symbols right in my text?

Many. But we cannot help without more info.

Please provide a minimal example -- the smallest possible document that
shows the problem.

This would allow to reproduce:

* What error is shown
* Which fonts do you use
* Does it depend on document class classicthesis,
* or on biblatex, biber, a specific bibentry.
* Which symbols show the problem
* ...

Günter