On 11/20/2016 08:15 AM, edu Gpl wrote:

Please see this link:

http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/106306/using-footnotemark-with-letters

Best regards

بتاريخ ١٩‏/١١‏/٢٠١٦ ١٢:٢٧ م، كتب "Michael Berger" <id...@online.de <mailto:id...@online.de>>:

    Dear all,

    I observe that numbering of footnotes in boxes is automatically
    changing to 'lettering' - see screen shot. Is this intended
    behavior or could it be specific to classicthesis? I am not sure
    to like it or not.

    Any comment is appreciated.

    I am using Lyx 2.2.2, texlive 2016, Miede's classicthesis 4.2

    Thanks & cheers,

    Michael

Thanks edu Gpl,
but I did not change/add any code of my footnotes. I prefer to have *all* footnotes numbered and put at the end of the page - never inside a box. These two footnotes were there already in the text and numbered and they were put at the end of the page. Then I selected that part of the text as a box, the footnotes moved from the end of the page inside the box and had their numbers replaced by letters.
So, I take it this is sort of an automatism.
Anyway, I can now use the code found in your link to reverse this automatism.

Thanks and regards,
Michael