Le samedi 31 décembre 2016 à 13:59 +0000, Guenter Milde a écrit :
> On 2016-12-31, Justin Whitty wrote:
>
> > Today I have installed LyX from source on Linux Mint Delian Edition
>
> > Auto-view file /tmp/lyx_tmpdir.LRmHmuU17448/lyx_tmpbuf0/newfile1.pdf failed
>
> We had a report on lyx-devel, that Mint uses a new PDF viewer that is
> currently not in the list that LyX searches when (re)configuring.

PMFJI, but I'm also using Linux Mint Debian Edition (LMDE). Here is what
I can tell you about readers:

Linux Mint did introduce some new "X-apps" which aim to be usable under
any desktop they support (that is, only Mate and Cinnamon under LMDE).
Among them is a PDF reader simply called "xreader". It has the same look
and feel as the previous readers: Atril (Mate) and Evince (Cinnamon).

But, AFAIK, it's not pushed by default under the current LMDE (though
they are in the repo.); you have to install it explicitly. (It will
probably be the default under LMDE3, late 2017[?]).

However, I did install these x-apps just out of curiosity, and I can
tell that xreader works fine with LyX (v. 2.1.3 from the repo.). One
nice feature it has, is to retain the window preview size (unlike
previous readers). I had nothing to do in LyX, only to declare xreader
as the system default viewer.

Here is some more info about these x-apps:
http://segfault.linuxmint.com/2016/02/the-first-two-x-apps-are-ready/

HTH - happy 2017, Daniel

--
Daniel CLEMENT