Am 07.01.2017 um 03:07 schrieb Richard Heck <rgh...@lyx.org>:

> On 01/06/2017 03:08 PM, Joel Kulesza wrote:
>> Colleagues,
>>
>> Does anyone know what "baed" means?  With all lower case, I cannot
>> find any reasonable definition.
>>
>> However, the spell checker (dialog and interactive) in LyX doesn't
>> flag it as misspelled (though it's a case of me wanting to type
>> "based").
>>
>> I am using LyX 2.2.2 on OS X 10.11.6 with the as-distributed spell
>> checker.  Is different behavior observed on other OSs and/or spell
>> checkers?
>
> The spell checkers are all external programs. I don't know what the
> default is on OSX.

The default on OSX is the native spell checker service of Apple. AFAIK it’s
internally some hunspell-based spell checker engine. But, by using the OSX
based service the learned words are not application specific. If a word was
learned it’s possible to „unlearn“ it again with right mouse button menu.

Stephan