Just tried it and it seems that it will only correct one word in one cell.
However if one is spell checking regular text above and below the table it
will a) check the text above and below the text but only correct one word
in one cell of the table.

If this is a feature and not a bug, it seems a very unusual feature

--
John Kane
Kingston ON Canada