Thanks, Paul, for the update.  I guess I was totally wrong.  Good to know about the Debian release, too.  I suppose that will cover Ubuntu.
Ehud Kaplan

On 05/31/2017 08:57 PM, Paul A. Rubin wrote:
On 05/31/2017 11:49 AM, udi wrote:
I was under the impression that the Miktex developer has abandoned it in favor of TexLive, which works well on both Windows and Linux.  Is that information inaccurate?
Ehud Kaplan
The most recent release came out three days ago, and the "roadmap" page shows plans through this coming winter. Christian seems to be planning a (first ever?) Debian installer, which would be odd for someone planning to yield the Windows platform to TeXLive.

Paul