Am 03.06.2017 um 03:05 schrieb Joel Kulesza:
On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 4:30 PM, Rich Shepard <rshep...@appl-ecosys.com <mailto:rshep...@appl-ecosys.com>> wrote:

    As time permits I'll look at the available LaTeX packages. I use
    LaTeX/LyX
    for almost all my writing and the modern CV and resume package
    looks highly
    professional and is impressive, so I assume business card
    templates will
    also be of this quality.

Rich,

Some additional considerations...

While I really like LaTeX / LyX for documentation, I'm reluctant to use it for things that require specific visual layout like business cards or posters. With LyX's WYSIWYM philosophy and LaTeX's "focus on content, not layout" approach, this somewhat goes against the precise graphical design for such media. Such documents are also either infrequent (in the case of business cards) or one-time (in the case of posters) editing tasks. So having reproducible formatting may not be as important. You might also find yourself tweaking esoteric LaTeX settings / ERT to get things just right, while a simple nudge in a graphical design tool would do. However, for something "simple" like a business card, maybe doing everything in TikZ would work.

I don't mean to discourage, but just want to suggest that while LaTeX / LyX might get to a satisfactory result, it may not be the right and/or most efficient toolset for the job.

- Joel

P.S. If you'd like to see how I setup a business card sheet in Inkscape, let me know and I'll forward along my .svg and .pdf files.
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/4693/is-there-a-good-document-template-for-making-business-cards
Wolfgang