On Sat, Jun 03, 2017 at 06:40:27AM -0600, Joel Kulesza wrote:

> That is precisely the reason I'd like to see such a preference.
> Copying/pasting is generally what I do to fix it.  Making a branch in an
> otherwise simple document seems like too much overkill for what seems to me
> like a logical LyX / document setting preference.

I was just going to say, if anything this should be in document
settings, and not in preferences.

> I'd be happy to discuss in a new thread.  In the meantime, see:
> https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/8665 .  Note that, to your third bullet,
> the figure settings / groups might solve some issues for things like
> default widths.

Indeed, let's please continue any discussion on #8665 or in a separate
email thread. I will be focusing on other issues, but I'll follow any
discussion and might be interested after 2.3.0 is released.

Scott