Hi guys,

I'm trying to write down my thesis in Lyx, but I find kind of tricky the
way inputencoding is treated. When I try to write a greek character such as
delta, an error shows up.

I've tried two different ways:

   - writing it in Latex Code (Ctrl + L) (a simple Latex block with
   "\delta" within): it says "Missing $ inserted." and doesn't do anything
   further. When I click "do it anyway", Latex code seems to affect the whole
   line, till it finds a "special character", but my greek letter does not
   appear.
   - writing it as an inline equation (Ctrl + M) ("\delta" in a blue
   square): "Package inputenc Error: Unicode char...", but pdf is shown
   without clicking anything. It works, but I strongly believe these errors
   shouldn't be there...

May you please help me to deal with this problem? Could you please tell how
to make it work in both ways?

Thank you all in advance!

Best regards,

Juanjo