I see — the discussion seems to have gotten a bit confused around eight years
ago, but the discussion around three years ago hits the nail on the head.  It
should work this way in "replace all", and not in simple find or find-replace.
I am not a member of the Lyx team, obviously, so not part of that discussion —
but could you or someone revive the discussion on my behalf (as I see someone
did for some other user)?

Thanks!

-