On 08/12/2017 12:49 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
I'm certain this can be done, but since I've not yet done so I'm not sure
how to proceed.

  In Preferences -> Editing -> Shortcuts -> Document and Window I see
'buffer-export' has two chords: Ctrl-H (in plain font) and Ctrl-X H (in
boldface font). Why? I don't know, but that's what's there.

What I would like to do is assign Ctrl-X H to File -> Export -> pdflinux
(or buffer-export-pdflinux).

  When I highlight 'buffer-export' and select the Modify button I'm not
seeing a way to add the pdflinux as the default export format.

  A cluestick will help.

Rich
It's not entirely intuitive IMHO. Start out doing what you were doing (clicking Modify, assigning the chord), but before committing the key assignment put the cursor in the text field next to "buffer-export" and add " pdf2" including the leading space. It will create a new line in the command list, leaving buffer-export unchanged ... which is okay, since the buffer-export command by itself doesn't do anything (other than creating a status message something like "Say what, kemosabe?").

Paul