From: Paul A. Rubin [mailto:parubi...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2017 5:49 PM
To: Shieh, Sanford <ssh...@wesleyan.edu>; Richard Heck <rgh...@lyx.org>;
lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
Subject: Re: Key binding of unicode-insert problem

On 08/17/2017 05:13 PM, Shieh, Sanford wrote:
On Win7 it seems not to be only the colon.  I have three other bind file
weirdnesses

\bind       "C-S-%" "unicode-insert 00A7" # section sign

\bind       "C-'" "unicode-insert 0027" # dumb right single quote
\bind       "'" "quote-insert single" # smart single quote

The latter two I did because I wanted to have the ' key act as a smart single
quote.  The results are however:

[cid:image001.jpg@01D31781.1F2DED80]

So I still have to use the dialog box to do these bindings.

The smart single quote is really weird, and I don't understand quite what I did
in the dialog box to get the right result, but here's what it looks like:

[cid:image002.jpg@01D31781.1F2DED80]

Again, punctuation marks need to be spelled out in the bind file. Try
"C-S-percent", "C-apostrophe" and "apostrophe" respectively.

Mind you, I have no idea why LyX chokes on punctuation marks in the key
combination specifications of the bind file, but that seems to be what is
happening.

Paul