On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Ronald Florence wrote:

>   more general than that. Problem is, I just don't know how to get that symbol
>   -anywhere-.

One solution is to write a small program in C or Perl that prints all
characters, and then copy and paste the correct character in your
document. Type the following in file chars.c:

#include <stdio.h>
int main(int argc, char **argv) {
  int i;
  for (i=32; i<256; i++) putchar(i);
  putchar('\n');
  return 0;
}

Compile it with command
        cc chars.c -o chars

And run with command
        ./chars

Then just pick up the correct character and paste it into LyX.

Btw, a dialog that would display _all_ possible characters from some
font and the user could pick up them with mouse, would be nice for LyX.