On 09/14/2017 11:26 PM, Guenter Milde wrote:
On 2017-09-14, John Parejko wrote:

xunicode is only added for phonetic symbols with Unicode fonts ("tipa"
emulation via Insert->Special characters->Phonetic symbols): you may
consider inserting phonetic symbols as literal Unicode characters instead.

Unicode support is already provided by our document class (currently
also via xunicode).

Usually, loading a package twice means the second call is just ignored. Only
if there are different package options, this fails.
Are you using options? What is the error message?

I'm not getting errors right now, but if our document class eventually does any
configuring of xunicode, I would receive an error and I'm trying to avoid that
possibility in the future.

Does your document class try include/require "tipa" functionality?
Otherwise, it should not require xunicode with an up to date fontspec package.

I don't think so? I haven't inserted special phonetic symbols that way, but I
may have inserted raw unicode.