I am Lyx beginner. Sorry if it's in the docs. Thanks in advance for your help.

I need to have Theorems (and Lemmas, etc.) to share the same counter with subsectons.

I can't find a way to do it with Lyx.

=== Example of Section 2, in a document ====

                       2. Reals simply defined ...[Section 2 title here]

2.1. Recall ... [1st subsection here]

2.2. Lemma. Any ....

Proof. ...

2.3. Given f ... [2nd subsection here]

Before using Lyx, I would just use the preamble:

\documentclass[12pt]{amsart}
\usepackage{amsmath}

\swapnumbers
\theoremstyle{plain}
\newtheorem{theorem}[subsection]{Theorem}
\newtheorem{proposition}[subsection]{Proposition}
\newtheorem{lemma}[subsection]{Lemma}
\newtheorem{corollary}[subsection]{Corollary}
\newtheorem*{theoremNoNum}{Theorem}
I could include in the Lyx Document > Settings > LaTex Preamble, some hack to identify the two counters, like:
\makeatletter
\let\c@subsection\c@thm
\makeatother

But then, the numbers displayed in the Lyx editor aren't what's printed.
Ramez Labib Sami
Université Paris-Diderot
Paros, France