On 10.10.2017 19:45, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
Am Dienstag, den 10.10.2017, 08:39 +0200 schrieb racoon:
I just tried the new (experimental) Inkscape figure (or should it be
SVG
figure?)

No, Inkscape. It's a particular format that is only featured by that
program.

However, my document failed to compile. On the first run LyX tells
me
that I need to define a converter in the Preferences. Would be good
tell me also which and how. I have checked the Embedded Objects
manual
on the feature but couldn't fin help on this. Also, I have Inkscape
installed but apparently LyX did not auto detect it for the
converter.

Maybe someone can give me a hint.

What OS? Inkscape does not yet work on OSX in beta1 (but should work in
2.3.xdev).

I am on win7. So that shouldn't be a problem. I have been using the technique of exporting SVG to the Inkscape pdf/LaTeX. That works. I just wanted to try the automatic conversion with LyX which does not.

What more debug information is needed?

Daniel