This is the bundle.
Maybe it's still in the log?  Where do I find that?
Ian
    On Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 1:09:29 PM GMT-5, Scott Kostyshak
<skost...@lyx.org> wrote:

 On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 06:31:12AM +0000, Ian Worthington wrote:
> I've just installed the lyx 2.3 rc on my windows 10 system.

Thanks for testing, Ian!

Did you test the bundle or the non-bundle?

> I have two problems so far:
> 1. When I do a miktex update and select packages to update, there is
> activity, and no errors recorded in the log, but when I return to the update
> package list nothing has changed.
> 2. The very first time I clicked VIEW on the sample document it gave an error
> message, which I regret I neglected to make a note of.  It works fine
> subsequently, but something to be aware of for new users maybe?

That is indeed good to know. I wonder what happened. If you do see that
error again it would be interesting to see the log.

Thanks for your feedback,

Scott