Hi LyXers,

I have a table with a long caption. Because I wanted a shorter caption
in the List of Tables I decided replace the caption style by:

\caption[shortcaption]{longcaption} In ERT using the LyX-Code layout.

Thereafter I added a label. But when I try to reference to the label I
get the section number (i.e. 3.4.1). I tried to put the label at
different places within the caption to get the right numbering but I
failed. I can't use the caption environment because then Table appears
twice.

Any suggestions (with preferably simple solutions)?

Thanks
Martin

P.S. Working with lyx1.5fix1