Am 19.02.2018 um 08:29 schrieb Kornel Benko:
Am Montag, 19. Februar 2018 07:46:11 CET schrieb Wolfgang Engelmann
<engelm...@uni-tuebingen.de>:
Am 18.02.2018 um 23:10 schrieb Richard Heck:
On 02/18/2018 01:46 PM, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
I am including a lyx file which is part of an older lyx file (around
2009) and run by lyx2.3.0beta1.

The error message (see below) after producing a pdf file was due to an
arrow-type sign at the end of an index entry. If removed, it works.

Since it took me quite some time to find out, I thought to report on
it, to safe others time and nerves who run into it. This sign did not
exist in the original and occurs after importing the file into the new
lyx version. It's mainly found at the end of an index entry, but also
at the end of some legends or even at the end of some sections,
chapters...

I tried to copy the sign here, but it gave this vertical space seen
below. It might just be an empty space which has been transformed into
this sign during the conversion. Would be helpful to eliminate it by
adjusting the newer versions.
This is definitely a bug. I'm not sure why that's being added there.

Richard
Sorry, I should have done this, but since I didn't have (and didn't know
which one) an old enough lyx, I just copy the parts using en editor:
Also the start of the original lyx file is important (e.g. the version) like
######################################

#This file was created by <kornel> Thu Apr 23 18:05:11 1998
#LyX 0.12 (C) 1995-1998 Matthias Ettrich and the LyX Team
\lyxformat 2.15
\textclass article
\language default
\inputencoding default
\fontscheme default
\graphics default
\paperfontsize default
\spacing single
\papersize Default
\paperpackage a4
\use_geometry 0
\use_amsmath 0
\paperorientation portrait
\secnumdepth 3
\tocdepth 3
\paragraph_separation indent
\defskip medskip
\quotes_language english
\quotes_times 2
\papercolumns 1
\papersides 1
\paperpagestyle default

        Kornel
Is this sufficient?
######################
#LyX 2.2 created this file. For more info see http://www.lyx.org/
\lyxformat 508
\begin_document
\begin_header
\save_transient_properties true
\origin unavailable
\textclass scrbook
\begin_preamble
%\usepackage[english,ngerman]{babel}
\usepackage[pdftex,pagebackref=true,hyperindex=true]{hyperref}
%\usepackage{hyperref}
%\usepackage{href}
\usepackage{url}
Wolfgang