On 02/27/2018 10:56 AM, a...@andreashegenbart.de wrote:
On 02/27/2018 07:20 AM, a...@andreashegenbart.de wrote:
Hi lyx users,

my first problem in transforming my thesis (Komascript document class
"scrartcl") into a springer book is:
I updated Miktex 2.9 with the springer book document class "sr-vorl"
synchronized it and reconfigurated "lyx 2.2.3"
But I don´t find the document class in documents - settings of lyx.
What can be the problem?

Best
Andreas

I do not think there is a LyX layout for that document class (yet).
There are layouts for two other Springer book classes, but I can't find one for
sr-
vorl. So you will need to create one. If either of the Springer book classes for
which layouts exist (svmono, svmult) is similar to sr-vorl, it might be easiest
copy that layout someplace and edit it to match sr-vorl. Chapter 5 of the
Customization help file describes the layout files.

Good luck,
Paul
Thanks a lot - and I guess that´s what is to do now. Luck will be helpful
And thanks again to Rich, because your attachment will be very helpful now as
well.

Andreas

Andreas,

If this is the only time you are likely to be using the sr-vorl class, hacking a layout file for it might not be worth the time. Since the LyX layout file is needed only to translate between the LaTeX class and what appears in the LyX GUI, you might consider the following alternative strategy. Write the document in either svmono or svmult, whichever is closer to sr-vorl, using the exiting LyX layout. When all the content editing is done, export the document to LaTeX, and then change the document class to sr-vorl in the LaTeX file. You may possibly encounter a few LaTeX errors that will need fixing, but I suspect it will be less work than hacking a one-time-use layout file.

Paul