Scott Kostyshak <skost...@lyx.org>:

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 10:44:21AM +0000, Bernt Lie wrote:

> A naïve user who is not well versed in MikTeX may start to wonder how one
updates MikTeX.

> I would find it useful that the dialog makes it possible to start MikTeX
updating.

If the user clicks on "Continue", then the LyX Installer would proceed
to do the update.

Scott

How about this:
This version of LyX needs MikTeX v. ? at least. The installer found only
earlier version of MikTeX / The installer could not find any installation
of MikTeX on your system.
And the buttons shall read 'Cancel' and 'Update MikTeX and install LyX' or
'Install MikTeX & LyX".
Perhaps it should be clear somehow that the installer updates MikTeX to the
most recent version, and tell the user what is the path of the old MikTeX
detected by installer.

PS Is there an option to have two different MikTeX versions installed on
the same system? If there is such an option, then we need an option to tell
that's path to this installer.

Haim